Published at Tuesday, July 09th 2019, 00:11:20 AM. Coffee Table. By Alonza Fermi.
As designers, we are often asked advice about coffee tables. It's an essential piece of furniture that could pull‐ together a whole room, providing a focus that's practical as well as being a beautiful item to treasure, which is more often the point than having a place to put your remote.
A coffee table is a piece of furniture that would see continuous everyday use. Make sure to choose a style that suits your room, that would be easy to clean, maintain and remain looking fresh in the long run.
Here are our top picks for this year, so look no further than this practical (and stylish)pieces of furniture to compliment your living space.
1. Habitat – NESTOR – £595.00(Also available with White or Black Marble Top – varying sizes)This coffee table sets a punch for the price tag with it's clean "architectural lines". It is accessible in numerous sizes with a luxurious marble top in three colours. With a wide choice of sizes you're bound to discover the right one to perform in your living space. We tend to move for bigger coffee tables, so they really create a statement. What's not to like?
2. Maisons Du Monde – AMANDE –£378.50For those of you who like something a small more refined and exquisite but still keeping interest, these "Mango Wood"nest of 2 tables from "Maison du Monde" fit the bill rather well.
We do suppose there is a gradual move back towards "elegant furniture" that is a little less controlling and more grown up. Practically these tables are great as you could use them together or separately if you are delightful a larger group of people. We suppose it's a snip at a price.
3. Gallotti et Radice – Cookie (Oval–£3,420.00We love this table. It is an heirloom piece, but the mix of brass with the two‐ tone geometric marble is both striking and screams quality. The colours are both on trend and classic, and they would go perfectly in both minimalist and maximalist interiors – depending, of course, on what you mix them with. They are available in 3 sizes – priced here is the medium one at 105cm x 62cm x 28cm high. 4. Andrew Martin – Bhilai – £1,350.00A big "handcrafted" "round coffee table"with a "mango wood" top or a comprehensive "black iron base". Bhilai is named after the Steel City of India and has been creative by the detailed "textile looms"found there. The spool and thread ‐like detailing of the base adds delicate interest and contrasts against the full wood top. It's a real declaration piece, which certainly asks you to gather around it with an aromatic chai.
5. Ligne Roset – Soft Mag – £919.00This coffee table 'integrates' a low table with a magazine rack – perfect for those who like to see smooth, clean surfaces. The combination of materials: the ash top brings warmth to the "steel base", but the fabric magazine rack ( choice of 3 colours: anthracite, noir, bleu could add) adds a touch of softness to the linear design.
6. Roche Bobois – Aqua –£4,600.00This coffee table notwithstanding appearance is "super practical", with the top is an innovative acrylic resin that has a silky touch but withstands scratches, abrasions, heat as well as fingerprints!
It is also water resistant, with all cleansing products could be used on it. A superb coffee table for households that tend to have "sticky fingerprints" and "lego scratches"in the most random of places.
7. Vincent Sheppard – Rondo – £528.00This coffee table is great for living rooms that need that extra bit of hidden storage. The look as pictured does lead you to believe that it would be better suited in a more "country home"environment, also the beauty of Vincent Sheppard is that the base comes in a choice of over "27‐standard colours"or you could have it matched to a RAL colour choice. Meaning this "coffee table"could certainly attach texture to a smooth modern interior.
8. Chaplin's – Illusioni – £1,335.00 (90 X 90 X 40)We love this stylish glass coffee table designed to offer the 'optical illusion' of a multi‐ a dimensional piece of furniture.
Then with the addition of decorative objects or books, it really brings it to life. Obviously, as the top material is glass, you will have to remain it sparkling to maximise the "clean lines" or "negative spaces" it creates.
9. Boca Da Lobo – Empire – £10,332.00This is certainly a statement piece, and at a price, it certainly should be! The inside of the table itself is handcrafted from "solid mahogany wood"which is easier to carve entitling the makers to create those amazing brass plated ravines in the surface.
The surface of the table was covered in poplar root veneer, which again is hand applied. It's nearly a work of art instead of just a coffee table.
10. Graham & Green –Theo – £550.00This lovely low‐ rise coffee table is finished with a parquet style top, providing a classic feel to this modern piece.
Crafted in mango wood, this piece has a white‐ wash finish or gold trim around the edge and on the table legs for a touch of allure.
Plus, at the price, its amazing value for a piece that certainly won't date in any interior.